GLASGOW THROUGH WEARABLE STREET PICTURES

 Gallus Collective: Bringing Glasgow's Soul to the Streets Through Wearable Art

As a photojournalist with over 35 years of experience capturing the essence of Glasgow, I've always sought to reveal the gritty beauty and unfiltered reality of my city. Over the years, my lens has captured countless moments that tell the story of Glasgow—its people, its streets, and its spirit. Yet, it wasn't until a simple question from my daughter, Katelyn, that I realized these moments needed a new way to be shared with the world.




“Dad, where do all your photos ‘go’ after you take them?” Katelyn's curiosity struck a chord with me. It was a question that lingered in my mind and eventually inspired me to reimagine my work. Instead of letting my photographs sit unseen in archives or hanging on walls, I wanted to give them a new life. Thus, the idea of turning my photographs into a clothing range was born.



Enter Gallus Collective, my latest venture that transforms some of my favourite shots of Glasgow into a unique fashion line. The name ‘Gallus’—a nod to the city's audacious and creative spirit—perfectly encapsulates what I aim to achieve. This is not just clothing; it’s wearable art that tells the story of Glasgow through every thread.





The collection features t-shirts, hoodies, jackets, and hats, each adorned with images that capture the soul and spirit of the city. From quirky street scenes to iconic backdrops, these pieces reflect the many facets of Glasgow. Whether it's a candid moment  each garment is a canvas for the city's rich history and vibrant culture.




My journey as a photojournalist has been filled with memorable moments. During the height of Britpop, Glasgow was a magnet for supermodels and pop stars. I've had the chance to capture the likes of Kate Moss, the Gallagher brothers, and Amy Winehouse, often finding myself in heated encounters with their minders just to get the perfect shot. These experiences, along with countless others, have shaped my perspective and my work.


The Gallus Collective aims to challenge traditional notions of a ‘gallery’. Instead of static displays, this collection invites people to carry a piece of Glasgow’s story with them, wherever they go. It’s a celebration of the city's audacity and creativity, brought to life in a form that’s accessible and wearable.





I hope this new venture resonates with Glaswegians and fans of the city around the world. Each piece is a tribute to the resilience and character of Glasgow, a city that has always been close to my heart. Through Gallus Collective, I’m excited to share my vision and my work in a way that breathes new life into the images I've captured over the years.





For me, this is more than just a clothing line; it's a way to keep the spirit of Glasgow alive, one garment at a time.







https://galluscollective.co.uk/en-gbp/?














Comments

Indigo Unified Communications

Greenversity Renewables

GIRL TORQUE

MIDAS SCOTLAND

MIDAS SCOTLAND
INFO@MIDASSOTLAND.COM

JRG BOARD UPS AND GLAZING

ARH Utilities Ltd

ARH Utilities Ltd

Top Articles

DriveXmil


Coalfields Steakhouse Bistro & Bar - Motherwell

Morgans Cafe

Paintbox

The Garcraig Inn

Tams Van

Bella Vita Italian Restaurant Mosspark

The Gallus Collective - Fashion / Photography / Gifts

80s Causals Clothing

Popular Posts